Some Highlights Over The Years
Since its foundation over 30 years ago, Swilly Mulroy Credit Union has grown from strength to strength with some major milestones including:
- 1989 - Site for office purchased in Kerrykeel
- 1992 - Main office officially opened in Kerrykeel by Frank O'Kane, president ILCU & First full time member of staff employed.
- 1994 - First computer system installed in main office & Sub offices rented and opened in Milford and Rathmullan
- 1997 - Total assets of SMCU exceed 1 million Punts
- 2002 - Total assets exceed 5 million Euro
- 2008 - Total assets exceed 10 million Euro
- 2009 - Purchase of premises for sub-offices in Milford and Rathmullan
- 2010 - Renovated and opened sub-offices & upgraded computer system.
- 2011 - Launch of official website
- 2013 – Extension to existing Kerrykeel building
- 2014 – Joined CUSOP allowing electronic transactions to and from your credit union account
- 2015 - Online access to your credit Union Account
- 2018 - Foreign exchange and Bill Pay introduced. Death Benefit Insurance commenced. Website upgraded.